The term ‘biometrics’ is commonly used to describe fingerprint and retina scanning, but few people associate it with facial recognition. Facial biometrics identifies human identities through facial features and is a step used within the process of facial recognition.
Facial biometrics work in the following ways:
- Facial detection – The application detects your face from your environment.
- Facial capture – 3D sensors capture your face.
- Facial data conversion – Your facial capture is converted into mathematical and machine-readable data using various algorithms.
- Facial matching – This data is then mapped with already stored information and verified based on identifiable features like the distance between your eyes, mouth width, etc.
Facial recognition is highly versatile and can take place seamlessly on any mobile device. It is fast, effortless and efficient and is one of the easiest ways to confirm someone’s identity.
- Quick and automatic verification experience
- Seamless integration as there are no specific hardware requirements
- Convenience. It’s just like taking a selfie.
Unlike passwords, facial biometrics makes it extremely hard for fraudsters to steal or exploit your customer’s identity, making it one of the safest forms of identity verification there is.
Versatile and adaptable to any organisation, our facial biometric application can be customised to fill any need of your business. Our machine-learning algorithms are continually evolving, making it harder for fraudsters to impersonate another human and easier for us to identify them.
For more information about our facial biometric application or to get in touch with us to discuss how our application can support you and your business, give us a call or click on the tab below.