Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.
Scantek considers itself an Australian Privacy Principle (APP) entity and as such is committed to complying with The Privacy Act 1988. Scantek is committed to the implementation of practices, procedures and systems that ensure compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles and all relevant registered APP codes.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Scantek may collect and how we may use it.
What personal information we collect
- Clients of Venue Information
- Passports, both foreign and domestic, all Australian Drivers Licences (or those issued under the laws of another country), Proof of Age Cards and any other document presented for scanning at a Scantek client venue. The information collected and maintained by Scantek comprises all information contained in the above documents, ie, full name, gender, address, date of birth, identification number, and type of ID; an image of the scanned ID that includes the image contained on the ID; and an image of the patron that is a photograph taken at the time the ID was surrendered for scanning.
- Scantek does not disclose, use or adopt government identifiers except where the use and disclosure of the identifier is necessary to verify the identity of an individual for the purposes of Scantek regular activities and function
- Scantek Client Information
- When you create an Scantek account, register your products, apply for commercial credit, purchase a product, download a software update, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- We may ask for your Tax File Number (TFN) but only in limited circumstances such as when setting up an account and activating your equipment or when determining whether to extend commercial credit.
- Financial information. We may collect financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made and to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
How we use your personal information
- Patrons of Venue Information
- Patrons whose information is retained indefinitely:
- Scantek Solutions Pty Ltd indefinitely retains gathered personal information only from patrons who have received “bans” from licensed venues that are Scantek Solutions Pty Ltd clients.
- When a patron has a “ban” placed on him or her for violent, immoral, anti-social or illegal behaviour, this ban can then be transmitted to all Scantek Solutions Pty Ltd clients. Scantek Solutions Pty Ltd clients can then use this information to decide whether they wish to let a “banned” patron into their venue.
- Patrons whose information is retained for less than 30 days:
- Scantek Solutions Pty Ltd uses best endeavours to delete all personal information gathered from individuals who have not received a ban within 30 days from collection.
- If compelled by law:
- Scantek Solutions Pty Ltd may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to maintain optimal operation of the system; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
- Scantek Client Information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Scantek’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can unsubscribe at the bottom of any email we send to you, or you can write to us at http://www.scantek.com.au/contact.php requesting that we remove you from our mailing list.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Scantek, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Scantek’s products, services, and customer communications.
- Information Relevant to Scantek Business Activities
- We collect only personal information required to achieve accurate execution of Scantek business activities. Should Scantek receive unsolicited personal information that is not relevant to the regular business activities of Scantek, all such information is destroyed immediately upon detection. Scantek does not collect unsolicited information.
- We will de-identify personal information collected and stored where it is appropriate and practicable to do so.
- Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
- We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, post code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where a Scantek product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- Cookies and Other Technologies
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the Scantek website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
- As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
- We use this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Scantek may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Scantek may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Scantek to provide products and services, or that help Scantek market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by Scantek to provide or improve our products and services; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Scantek shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys.
Protection of Personal Information
Scantek takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Scantek uses a number of techniques including encryption, password protection, access limitations and intrusion detection to protect your data.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Scantek takes reasonable steps to ensure as far as possible that the personal information it collects is accurate, up-to-date and complete. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes.
Any individual who wishes to request knowledge of the personal information that is relevant to that person, or wishes to ensure the accuracy of such information, may do so in either of the following ways. All such requests are free of charge.
By phone to Scantek on 1300 552 106 Via the Scantek website http://www.scantek.com.au/contact.php If for some reason such access is not granted, a written reason will be provided.
Request for Correction of Personal Information
Requests for correction of any recorded data deemed personal information may be made in writing via the Scantek website http://www.scantek.com.au/contact.php
If correction to personal information should be refused, Scantek will respond in written form as to the reasons for denial of the correction along with the appropriate avenue for complaint. In this case should an individual request a statement be associated with that information, such a statement may be recorded and associated with the applicable data.
Complaints may be directed as follows:
By phone to Scantek on 1300 552 106
Via the Scantek website http://www.scantek.com.au/contact.php
Individuals making complaints or enquiries will be afforded the right to anonymity where it is practicable to do so.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13 without first receiving verifiable parental consent we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
To provide location-based services on Scantek products, Scantek and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Scantek device.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Scantek employees and adhere to privacy safeguards within the company.