Conditions of Entry
By entering a venue operated by Scantek, a Patrons agrees to be bound by the following conditions. If the Patron does not agree to be bound by these conditions, they will be asked to immediately exit the venue.
What personal information we collect
– Passports, both foreign and domestic, all Australian Drivers Licences (or those issued under the laws of another country), Proof of Age Cards and any other document presented for scanning at a Scantek Solutions Pty Ltd (“Scantek”) client venue. The information collected and maintained by Scantek Solutions Pty Ltd comprises all information contained in the above documents, ie, full name, gender, address, date of birth, identification number, and type of ID; an image of the scanned ID that includes the image contained on the ID; and an image of the patron that is a photograph taken at the time the ID was surrendered for scanning.
How we use your personal information
– Patrons whose information is retained indefinitely:
- Scantek Solutions Pty Ltd indefinitely retains gathered personal information only from patrons who have received “bans” from licensed venues that are Scantek clients.
- When a patron has a “ban” placed on him or her for violent, immoral, anti-social or illegal behaviour, this ban can then be transmitted to all Scantek Solutions Pty Ltd clients. Scantek Solutions Pty Ltd clients can then use this information to decide whether they wish to let a “banned” patron into their venue.
– Patrons whose information is retained for less than 30 days:
– Scantek Solutions Pty Ltd uses best endeavours to delete all personal information gathered from individuals who have not received a ban within 30 days from collection.
– If compelled by law:
Scantek Solutions Pty Ltd may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to maintain optimal operation of the system; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Integrity and retention of personal information
- Scantek Solutions Pty Ltd takes reasonable steps to ensure as far as possible that the personal information it collects is accurate, up-to-date and complete. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes
- Any individual who wishes to request knowledge of the personal information that is relevant to that person, or wishes to ensure the accuracy of such information, may do so in either of the following ways. All such requests are free of charge. If for some reason such access is not granted, a written reason will be provided.
o By phone to Scantek Solutions Pty Ltd on 1300 552 106
o Via the Scantek Solutions Pty Ltd website http://www.scantek.com.au/contact.php