We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to identify and propose key components of technical software development documentation utilising previous experience, relevant standards, feedback and examples.
You will work closely with our development team to compile and prioritise these components into a list of deliverables, then compile and prioritise any discovered requirements for documentation and additional requests, then turn that into tangible deliverables and communicate a sensible and timely work plan.
To be successful in this role you will have excellent knowledge and experience in software development technical writing, ideally with a focus on API design.
You naturally live and breathe our core values!
Get it done – You don’t pass the buck, and you take ownership for getting things done. You express sincere gratitude and praise for colleagues and client’s good work and extra effort.
Accountable – You share accountability for delivering team outputs while helping and supporting colleagues in their work.
Collaborative – You demonstrate respect for the opinions and views of others. You contribute to an environment where differences are valued and encouraged.
Innovation – You try new problem-solving, seeking ideas and suggestions from others as appropriate.
Ambition – You challenge the status quo by continuously reviewing personal work processes and questioning traditional or established procedures to make suggested improvements.
- Previous experience in a similar role (minimum of 5+ years).
- Ability to work hands-on with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to create accurate and concise technical materials.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Flexible, open-minded and forward-thinking with ideas.
- Creative and open to unique and new ways of presenting the information.
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to recommend and execute tasks both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to respond to changing requirements and operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with content creation and publishing tools.
- Strong overall computer literacy.
- A Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate technical field or Bachelor’s degree in an adjacent discipline
- Proven experience in a similar role
What you’ll get in return:
- Work on projects you’ll be proud of.
- Career development and engagement is a top priority; we want to invest in you!
- Work-life balance – Flexibility is in our DNA, don’t let work get in the way of life.
- Be empowered to make decisions and bring your ideas; you’re the expert!
- Push the boundaries, continuous learning and discovering new ways of doing things.
- Rub shoulders with thought leaders in the industry collaborate with a sensational team.
- We create digital products that people love and that matter.
Enter your details below and upload your CV and a cover letter to apply.